Thursday, March 28, 2013

Foam Backed Headlining Fabric

Droopy headliner from  the 1969 AMX

Today's piece du jour was to screw around with the removed droopy headliner from the 1969 AMX. I never gave these headliners much thought, despite the fact that I have an inventory of three more of them neatly stacked in my warehouse for my other Javelins. They are made of a rigid fiberglass molded foam board attached to, what turns out to be, a foam backed fabric. The foam fabric backing breaks down into a weak goo over the decades.

I found out on the Internet that foam backed fabric is common stuff. Who knew? Next installment I will either order some of this fabric online, or see if a local fabric shop carries it.


http://www.onlinefabricstore.net/specialty-stores/automotive-specialty-store/automotive-headlining/automotive-headlining-fabric/neutral-automotive-headlining-fabric-3-16-60-.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment