Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pricker Bushes.

Today's Javelin piece du jour was not actually a part that was put on the car. Instead, I spent my Sunday afternoon cutting back Goldman Motor's (specially bred to be aggressive) assault rose bushes. They guard the perimeter.

Next, I managed to get some stored cars out of the shop so I can put one piece on the Javelin each day, more easily. To get that AMX out of it's storage bay, I had to jack it up and make it go sideways. I had so much fun today getting that car going that I might throw some plates on it for this season. It is an undisturbed un-restored 1969 AMC AMX with a 390 engine and a Hurst 4-speed stick shift. It even has the original paint on it, which happens to be the same color that I painted the phony police car Javelin. Some collectors refer to old original cars like this as "survivors".




No comments:

Post a Comment