Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Headlining today's installment is the headliner.

While the 1969 American Motors AMX was stored, the headliner separated so that the fabric hangs down on the driver's (my) head. Today my piece du jour was to remove the headliner in anticipation of somehow gluing it back together for continued carefree miles. 

I found some water discoloration on the end near the windshield and I gently applied some automotive fabric cleaner from a can on my shelf that is about 35 years old. Next installment I will attempt to glue the fabric back to the molded-foam board. Perhaps a spray contact cement (if such a thing is available) will be suitable. 




'69 AMX's were equipped with reclining  "Saturday Night" seats. 

Note the awesome factory Hurst 4-speed shifter!
A prior owner must have set it up because it feels tremendous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment